We all heard about Abraham Lincoln, he was the 16th president of the United States and was considered as one the greatest presidents. He was unexpectedly and tragically assassinated on April 15th, 1865.
Abraham Lincoln was one of the most famous orators/writers of his time known for his insightful quotes and sayings.
Here you can read 25 most favorite and inspirational quotes of Abraham Lincoln.
- “We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. ” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s life in your years. ” – Abraham Lincoln
- “If we could first know where we are, and whether we are tending, we could then better judge what to do, and how to do it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance. ” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.” ” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Nearly all men can handle adversity, if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns.” ” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm”.– Abraham Lincoln
- “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I am not concerned that you have fallen — I am concerned that you arise.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and tree is the real thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I have learned the value of old friends by making many new ones.” – Abraham Lincoln
What are your favorite sayings of Abraham Lincoln? Do share in the comments section below.